As stated in our philosophy, we believe treatment is most effective when family is involved and we work closely with families to provide parent education and home programs for each child. Our staff has advanced training in a variety of therapeutic approaches and utilizes this training and experience to identify any limitations a child may be experiencing. Using their knowledge, expertise, and experience our staff get to the core of the challenge for a child, and develop individualized treatment plans to address those issues. The following represents some of the programs and services we have to offer:
- Evaluations using standardized and non-standardized assessment tools provided to infants, young children and adolescents with any degree of neurological or developmental deficits.
- Fully equipped Therapy center designed to treat any child's needs
- Individual 1:1 Therapy sessions
- Consultation and collaboration with schools and other healthcare professionals working with the child.
- SI--Sensory Integration (certain staff members have SIPT certification
- NDT--Neurodevelopmental Treatment (certain staff members have 8-week NDT certification)
- Therapeutic Listening© (certain staff members have TL certification)
- D.I.R. Model--"Floortime" (certain staff members have completed certification)
- Fine Motor/Handwriting: advanced training in treatment of fine motor, handwriting, and visual-motor integration deficits using Handwriting Without Tears and Loops and Other Groups.
- Alert program (experience implementing "How Does Your Engine Run" programs)
- Inservice and Staff Training is available for other facilities and professionals.
Business ServicesAs part of our services, we help reduce the impact of dealing with insurance companies. We believe the family has enough to handle on a daily basis. Over the past ten years, we have developed very effective methods of advocacy and support for families dealing with insurance companies or other funding sources. Although we cannot guarantee reimbursement from an insurance company, you can be assured we will do our very best to limit the out-of-pocket expenses for families.
- In-network PPO provider with Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Coventry Health Care
- DSCC approved provider
- Full insurance billing service to all insurance carriers (both in-network and out-of-network)
- Assistance in appeals process with insurance companies
- Visa and MasterCard accepted
- Easy access from I-94 and I-294 with wheel chair accessible entry, ample parking, and waiting room available at the office.
Illinois legislation related to "Habilitative" services for children. This legislation identifies the need for insurance companies to cover Therapy services for a child under the age of 19 that will address deficits in skills that the child has not yet developed. It does allow for medical review by the insurance company.
This legislation identifies the need for insurance companies to cover many different services for a child that presents with an ASD diagnosis, up to a maximum annual limit of $36,000. It does allow for medical review by the insurance company.
- Is your child experiencing difficulty keeping up with his/her peers?
- Do you, or your child'd teachers, have concerns about your child's handwriting or fine motor skills?
- Do you have concerns about your child's attention, especially in busy environments?
- Is your child overly sensitive to everyday things in the environment (e.g. touch, noise, movement, food textures, etc.)?
- Does your child seem clumsy with motor coordination skills?
FREE screenings available for infants and children in the developmental areas of:
- Fine Motor/Perceptual
- Sensory Processing
- Strength and stability
A free screening is a 15 minute session where a therapist will observe your child at play to determine if a full evaluation may be necessary. A free screening does not include any type of testing or written report. Please call us at (847) 480-7833 to set up an appointment.